The Burtons Reserve Festival Camp site is located at the Southern end of town on the edge of the Cygnet waterfront and within easy walking distance of all venues.
This beautiful area is a bird sanctuary & wetlands. The Festival Committee wishes to thank the Huon Valley Council for giving special permission for camping by Festival patrons.
IMPORTANT: The whole of Burtons Reserve has been declared a prohibited area for dogs under section 22 of the Dog Control Act 2000 to protect sensitive habitat for native wildlife. No pets will be allowed at Burtons Reserve. Cygnet Holiday Park at 77 Mary St is pet friendly, please click here for more details.
Camp Site Managers - Port Cygnet Scout Group
In line with the Festival's commitment to working with local community organisations, we are pleased to announce that the Port Cygnet Scout Group has again volunteered to manage the Burtons Reserve camp site. In appreciation of this support, the Festival will be making a donation to the Port Cygnet Scout Group to assist them with their invaluable work with local young people.
Please refer to the Tickets page for details on how to purchase camping tickets. Camping in Burtons Reserve is only available in conjunction with a weekend Festival ticket.
Camping tickets are per person. Camping tickets are required for Festival patrons aged from 13 years to adults. For children up to and including 12 years of age, camping is free. Please note that any children under the age of 12, camping with an adult will still require a wristband to camp at the campground, which is available from the Festival Box Office.
It is strongly recommended that RVs empty their septic waste at the Huonville waste dump prior to heading into Cygnet. The Huonville RV dump point can be found on The Esplanade opposite Huon River Jets Boats which is conveniently located on the road that leads into Cygnet from Huonville. A fresh water tap can also be found on the Esplanade across the road from the RV dump point near the public toilets.
We do provide larger sites for campervans, caravans and RVs, however, please be mindful that Festival camping space is limited and we ask that you do not erect multiple annexes which take up more than your allotted camp site.
Camp Ground Access Times
Camping Times: 9am Thursday prior to the Festival until 1pm Monday (day after the Festival)
Please note: The gate to Burtons Reserve will be locked at 1pm on Monday (day after the Festival) and camping cannot be extended beyond this time.
What Should You Bring?
- Besides your tent and all your camping gear, don't forget to bring the following:
- The weather during the Festival can vary so come prepared for a bit of rain, warm/hot sunny days and cool nights.
- Sun Glasses
- Sun Cream
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Battery Powered Light
Burtons Reserve Camp Site Facilities
- Powered and water sites are not available at the Burtons Reserve Festival camp site. (See Commercial Accommodation for powered sites at Cygnet Holiday Park)
- Potable water is available.
- The site has public toilets and the Festival provides additional portable toilets.
- Male and female hot shower block.
- Picnic shelter with four large tables, one small table and two electronic barbecues with a third barbecue located in a separate area.
- For the children there is a boat playground and a swing area.
- Your car can be parked near your tent but you will not be able to move it during the Festival.
- You are welcome to bring your own cooking facilities (no fires allowed).
- There are 2 supermarkets and 2 butchers in the village.
- A laundromat is located in the village next to the Newsagent.
- See our FAQs section for info about banking facilities in Cygnet.
- There are restaurants, cafes, takeaways, food stalls.
Security & Camping Sites
- The Burtons Reserve camping area will be supervised during the Festival with all night supervision and security on Friday and Saturday nights.
- You can camp in tents, cars, caravans or campervans
- Camping is pre-paid but sites are not pre-allocated. We operate on a first come first served basis. On arrival you will directed to an area depending upon the size of your camping requirement (tent, camper, caravan, RV etc.). If you would like to camp with friends you must arrive together.
- Camping is restricted to approved camping sites.
- Please do not camp in unauthorised, non camping areas.
- There are designated “earlybird” and “night owl” areas. Please be mindful of others when camping here.
- Fires are strictly prohibited.
- Cygnet Folk Festival does not accept liability for the security of belongings, tent equipment, vehicles, etc., and all campers must accept responsibility for their own equipment.
- Please be courteous of your neighbours at night and keep noise to a minimum.
- Please make sure that all your camping equipment stays within your allocated space.
- You are welcome to bring your own cooking facilities (no fires allowed). Please note gas cylinders must be in date.