After due and serious consideration, the Cygnet Folk Festival committee have arrived with heavy hearts at the decision to cancel the 2022 Cygnet Folk Festival and work towards a reprise of our planned program for January 2023.
With the outbreak of the new Omicron variant, we feel that the potential risk to the community is such that we cannot see a way of sufficiently mitigating this risk for January 2022. We make this decision in consideration of the health and well-being of all our artists, crew, volunteers, stallholders, billet hosts and of course, our valued patrons. We appreciate how vital these events are to their livelihood and the wider community’s mental health. But with site contracts, production costs, travel and accommodation arrangements for our artists and other financial obligations now due, our hand has been forced to make this decision now.
This is not a decision we have made lightly, and a huge amount of work has already gone into the festival this year; while we are very disappointed, we are planning to set up for a huge celebration in January 2023.
We are also still planning to celebrate our 40 years of this iconic event in May with a series of concerts and acknowledgements to the many who have been involved with our wonderful event over the years.
Information about Refunds and Ticketing
Cygnet Folk Festival will begin processing refunds from Tuesday 4 January 2022. Please note, it may take up to 10 business days for the funds to be cleared and land in your bank account/credit card.
We are doing everything in our power to stay viable for 2023 and beyond and appreciate any help you can give us towards this. We will automatically refund 90% to all ticket holders. We ask to retain just 10% of the ticket price to cover costs already incurred and ensure that we are able to survive the cancellation. If you feel you’re not able to spare this cost, please let us know by Monday 3 January 2022 and we will process a full refund.
If you wish to offer extra support in ensuring we return for 2023 you may choose to donate the full cost of your ticket to the festival. Please let us know if you can help by Monday 3 January 2022.
As a community festival, predominantly run by volunteers and two part-time staff, we remain hopeful that we will be able to survive this second cancellation of our annual festival and we appreciate your understanding and patience and thank you for all your support.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Cygnet Folk Festival in 2023!
Cygnet Folk Festival Management Committee
- Tickets are non-refundable (except in the circumstances outlined in parts 3 and 4).
- You may transfer (give or sell) your ticket to another person at any time. To change the name on the ticket, click on the “Edit Order” button on your ticket confirmation email.
- If the Festival is postponed or cancelled entirely by government authorities, due to a COVID-19 outbreak, you may choose to donate the cost of your ticket to the festival to support us in ensuring that we are able to survive the cancellation and plan for a future festival or you may contact our ticketing team and ask to receive a 90% refund, we will retain 10% to cover cost already incurred.
- If you feel unwell with cold or flu like symptoms during the festival, please do not attend the event. You may give or sell your ticket to someone else (see part 2). Alternatively, you may contact our ticketing team and request a 90% refund, we will retain 10% to cover cost already incurred. Refunds will take up to one month to process and are at the discretion of Festival Management.
- Insurance companies generally don’t provide cover against pandemics, so by retaining just 10% of refunded tickets, we hope to safeguard the Cygnet Folk Festival for future years.
- If you choose to sell your ticket to someone else, please be aware that this is at your own risk. Huon Folk Inc cannot be held responsible for issues relating to the private sale of a ticket.
- Please maintain social distancing with other patrons throughout the event.
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitizer where it is provided.
- Check in at each venue using the Check in Tas app.
General Terms and Conditions
- All tickets incur a booking fee of $0.50 + 2.5%. 100% of the profits from the Booking Fees are being donated to the Humanitix Girls Education Programs. Find out more about where your donation is going here: https://www.humanitix.com/au/our-impact/room-to-read
- Infants & children under 5 are free.
- Weekend passes are from 5:00 PM on Friday 14th January - midnight on Sunday 16th January (not including masterclasses).
- Concession is available to holders of a senior’s card, full-time student card or current health care card, concession holders will be required to produce the valid card and photo ID at the box office to receive an entry wristband.
- Tickets are for general admission to Festival venues, but do not guarantee a seat in a particular concert at a particular time. We advise patrons to arrive early to avoid missing out if the venue is deemed full.
- Festival Management reserves the right to change or amend the entertainment program at any time. Changes will be advised on our website and social media.
- Please bring you ticket to the festival Box Office and collect your wristband before going to the Festival Campground or venues.
- Compare tickets (tickets table)